The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale) Empty
PostSubject: WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale)   WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 pm

(I thought I'd pull the story bits from my RP event thread on the Sentinels forum and compile them here. Parts One and Two will be posted back to back, with the third installment in progress for later posting. Enjoy!)

"All these resources at my disposal, and I'm still no closer to my goal..."

Cynlan rubbed his weary eyes with a deep and growling sigh. How many nights had he been in this very same elegant seat at this very same inviting table in this very same Silvermoon Inn, pondering his choice of prey? How long had he been at it this evening alone? Too long, he mused as his gaze lingered on two empty wine bottles and a half-filled chalice. So much time spent in research, and still nothing. I'll never win her heart at this rate.

His thoughts turned, as they so often did, to Zinnvais and his pursuit of her. He had given her a vow, one that would stand until she finally chose between him and his distinguished competition. He had pledged to her his heart and soul, spoke to her in poetry and passion, but he felt that she considered these as hollow sentiments, certainly nothing compared to the measure of one's deeds. And how could he argue that? Despite the many honeyed words that rolled off his tongue so easily, the old adage remains - actions speak louder than words.

Well, I'll give her action, he vowed to himself. I'll show her through grand deed the lengths I'm willing to go for her. I'll prove the strength of my heart and the tenacity of my soul by conquering one of the most dangerous creatures to roam this world or any other. What's more, she'll realize that the words she spoke to me in jest that first rapturous night we spent together will have been the catalyst for my greatest gift to her.

Cynlan turned his attention to the documents of dragonflights scattered on the table before him, laid haphazardly over a map that noted the most likely dwellings of dragons. He had spent a great deal of time searching for just the right prey to hunt, narrowing his list gradually with Azuregos topping them all. But even you have to admit, Cyn, you can't do this alone. You'll need help on this one, much as you might loathe considering it. But what is the likelihood that you'll find even a handful of fellow romantics in the Horde who would aid you in this pursuit?

The Blood Knight sighed and took up his quill pen and parchment. "Well, there’s only one way to find out," he muttered, and began to form the notice he would post at Horde settlements across the world:

To all veteran adventurers, beast-slayers, expert hunters and mentors of unmatched might,

It is hereby declared that, in the spirit of the recent holiday, a chivalrous undertaking of the highest order will be carried out. The task? Slaying a mighty dragon. The impetus? For love and honor. Parties interested in aiding this noble deed should contact Cynlan Dawnstrider at their earliest possible convenience.
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Cynlan

Cynlan

WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale) Empty
PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale)   WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:19 pm

“And you say this rock is the Sign of the Earth, and it will lead me to my intended quarry?”

The orc warlord known as Gorn nodded, holding the Sign out to an eager Cynlan with a battlescarred arm. “The Seal of the Earth is held by three runestones, held in the Pillars of Diamond, Opal, and Amethyst in Lethlor Ravine. Using the Sign of the Earth, you will be able to remove the runestones and unlock the Seal of the Earth.”

The noble Blood Knight accepted the stone as he listened to the massive orc. “I see…” The wheels turned in his head as he gazed at the rock and considered this fortuitous turn of events. Though his challenge to the black dragonflight in Dustwallow Marsh didn’t exactly pan out the way he had hoped, the proverbial gauntlet had nevertheless been thrown down. One of their powerful number would fall within the week in the name of Zinnvais Lucidbelle. And now, if Gorn was to be believed – and there was no reason for Cyn to doubt the veteran blademaster – he would have not just one triumph for his love, but two!

The old orc, seemingly following the blood elf’s thoughts, shook him from his musings with a stern tone. “Be wary though, Cynlan, the black drakes Blacklash and Hematus are not to be trifled with. See them dead and return their bindings to me.”

Cynlan nodded, tucking his key to love and valor into one of his pouches securely. “Oh, I will, you can trust in that. You’ll no doubt hear the sounds of my victory echoing out of the ravine from even this far side of the Badlands.” As he rose from his seat in front of the Horde warchief, he raised his eyebrows questioningly. “…Though it might behoove me to ask just how to find this ravine, so I might scout the area before making my move.”

“To reach the ravine, travel to the far eastern part of the Badlands,” Gorn replied, standing as well. “Be careful though, for the ravine is home to countless drakes.”

The Blood Knight grinned, “Ah, good. I’ve been looking for a challenge great enough to prove my worth to my beloved. It seems I may have found it at last…”
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/

WANTED: Dragonslayers (IC Tale)
Page 1 of 1