The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider Empty
PostSubject: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 pm

((Because I hate loose threads, I wrote this while taking breaks from my series over the past week. Delivered by a somewhat distracted blood elf who seems to have her mind elsewhere, the following letter is written in very familiar handwriting and sent specifically to those noted in the body of the missive. If inquiries are ever made as to when they were delivered, the same elf would be placed in the presence of the recipients at pretty much the same time on the same day. Wink Enjoy!))

To whom it may concern,

I wish I had more time. Ironically, time is not something I have in great abundance at the moment. I hope you’ll each understand the necessity of sending arcane copies of the same letter to you all.

First, let me assure you that I’m alive and well. I’ve been living these past few months in the year 271 past the opening of the Dark Portal. Due to an agreement with Xadormi and the bronze dragonflight, I can tell you little of why I’m here or what they hope to have me accomplish, except to say that the infinite dragonflight is once again attempting to alter the world to suit their enigmatic ends.

My abrupt departure was regrettable but unavoidable, especially given the responsibilities I shouldered. I wish I could have written this before now, or had time enough to address the following in person, but I must deal with the reality of the situation. Time, it seems, is not always on my side.

To Commander Maelthas Bloodhawk of the Thori’nah Belore, I offer my deepest and most sincere apologies. I can only imagine what you must be thinking of me as it appears that I’ve abandoned my post. Such was never my intention, and you well know my dedication to the Sun’s Wrath and its goals in Northrend. Believe me when I say, however, that the war I fight now is for the good of the sin’dorei people and the survival of our future generations. Speaking of which, please send Kiahna my regards, and all my best to your children who will no doubt shape the landscape of the future, just like their parents.

To Aethan Lightbourne, Chief Operating Officer of DawnStorm Enterprises, and the other executives that have collectively kept my company running during my time in Northrend, I entrust to you the continued success of my business ventures. Primary among your pursuits should be decoding the data of my pet project, and keeping the Sun’s Wrath supplied with siege engines, explosives and heavy firearms. They’ll need them in the conflict to come.

To Aerybeth Duskfalcon, I bestow upon you the honor of keeping chivalry alive in my absence. It’s a dubious honor, as there are scores of people in the world who will test the virtues that I’ve laid out at every turn, but I know you’ll do your best to live your life in accordance with their tenets. Also, after the black dragonflight is done with you and you have the information that Commander Bloodhawk needs on their connection with the Cult of the Damned, you’ll find my map of Arthas’ movements across Northrend folded atop my workbench at the Sun’s Wrath headquarters. I trust you’ll know what to do with it.

I go now to fight a war that has far-reaching consequences for all of us. Of course, considering the armies in play, past and future generations may never know about it if we’re successful. I wish I had more time, but it’s not to be. Don’t worry about me, please. I’m in good company here, and I have it on good authority that I’ll be returned when the war is won. Until then, I wish you all the best.

Shorel’aran,

Cynlan Dawnstrider
Blood Knight Order
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Ionie

Ionie

PostSubject: Re: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 am

Bittersweet, and very well done, Cynlan.
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Thank you! I wanted to leave something of an IC reason for my abrupt departure, and this letter sprang to mind. It gave me something to occupy my conscious mind while my subconscious mulled over some issues with my other writing. Plus, writing the letter helped me deal with WoW withdrawal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ionie

Ionie

PostSubject: Re: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 pm

It's nice the writing of Cyn's letter had so many benefits for you. If the spirit moves you, Cyn could write more. It is a nice way to stay connected. sunny
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, I have roughly 195,000 words to write on my YA series, so it's unlikely that I'll get to write more on Cynlan. Unlikely, but not completely out of the question. Smile We'll see how the coming month plays out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider   A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Letter from Cynlan Dawnstrider
Page 1 of 1