The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Letter to Greatfather Winter (IC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

A Letter to Greatfather Winter (IC) Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to Greatfather Winter (IC)   A Letter to Greatfather Winter (IC) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Dear Greatfather Winter:

I blame my wife for this letter.

Kiahna is teaching our children how to write letters to you, though my son is still far too young to truly write his letters. She gave him crayons and a thick pad of paper, which made the boy giddy with happiness. He's taken an hour over his own letter, tongue poking out of his mouth in fierce concentration as he laboriously scrawls large, brightly-colored loops across the paper. He showed it to me a few minutes ago, eager for praise from his father as only a young boy can be, and asked me, "Is Papa going to write a letter to Greatfather Winter?"

So I blame my wife, though the smile my boy gave me when I said, "Yes, son," makes it all worth it. I have all I need this year, but as my daughter gigglingly informed me, I have to ask for -something- for myself or it wouldn't be a real letter to you. She also told me I should begin by asking for things for other people first, so I'll begin there.

For my wife, Kiahna, my beautiful and graceful lady, I ask for a new box of embroidered and scented handkerchiefs, and a variety of bulbs and cuttings from Quel'thalas, so that I may plant the perfect flower garden that she's always wanted to have.

For my daughter, Laeli, I'd like you to take part in a shared gift, and provide a few chewtoys and a suitable nest-bed to go along with the dragonhawk hatchling I'll be purchasing for her. Books on animals are fine things, but a child her age should have an animal companion of her own to love and cherish. She quite enjoyed the fruit bat I brought home to show to the children before I returned to Azeroth to release it, and seemed fascinated by the pictures of dragonhawks that I showed her. They're gentle creatures as pets, quite devoted to children, and it will be the perfect companion for her.

For my son, Andarien, I'd like a soft embossed leather belt pouch of his very own. He's fascinated by mine, and is always watching me take things in and out of it. He loves to build things, and it will go perfectly with a set of polished wooden blocks to fit his small, curious hands.

For my wife, Kiahna, my graceful and beautiful lady, I'd like a box of scented and embroidered handkerchiefs, as she's always short one now that we have the children. I also ask for a selection of bulbs and cuttings from Quel'thalas, so that I may plant the perfect garden she's been dreaming of.

For our friend and battle-companion, Yunjin, I'd like to ask for a jar of polish for the tusks he keeps in such perfect and immaculate shape, and a new cover for his bow. His raptor keeps chewing on the current one when his back is turned.

For Malvado, a newer acquaintance, I'd like to ask for a selection of fine wines from Quel'thalas. He's Forsaken, and claims not to really taste anything, but I suspect he'd appreciate the quality of the vintages if only for the gesture alone. I also ask for a small, furry toy for his kitten, Fawn. He claims to detest her, but I suspect he feeds her when no one is looking.

For Aislin, my adopted sister, I ask for happiness for her this year, and balm for her broken heart. She has faced her own murder at the hands of a man she loved, and the death of a friend who sacrified his very soul for her. I will see her truly smile once again.

For Renith, my sworn brother and friend, the one who was ever a light to us in dark places... I will not let you suffer the fate you willingly took upon yourself to save another from darkness, and become a monster and slave of the Lich King. There is nothing I can ask for you, for humanity is no longer a part of you. This request is for myself. I ask for the strength to keep the promise you asked of me, and free you of your curse in the dark, frozen land you've fled to. I will find you, my brother, and give you peace once more.

For this war-torn world, I ask for a breath before the plunge into battle once more. Let this season remain free of conflict, as this year turns and another dawns anew. Let there be hope, for a little while.

With regards,

Maelthas Bloodhawk
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com

A Letter to Greatfather Winter (IC)
Page 1 of 1