The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maelthas' Return

Go down 
+6
Nikoleta
Cynlan
Kiahna
Diatethis
Testpancake
Maelthas
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:28 pm

As many of you may know, I'm getting set back up with internet, and in about a month or so I'll be back to raiding. Until then, WoW will be running on an older comp, and as soon as I can get WoTLK installed I can RP Maelthas, in person. I may have to have a lowbie stand-in just in case the install goes south, but who cares! I's easily done.

As some of you may heard, Maelthas has gone MIA. Knight-Lord and higher rank in the order should know this much -- Maelthas was on a secret mission, accompanied by a squad of mixed Horde forces, to gather intelligence and make a major strike against the Lich King.

Now, for what you don't know ICly: Maelthas' group actually infilitrated the Scourge ranks, disguised as members of the Cult of the Damned. Unfortunately for him, the Scourge base was levelled by Alliance forces, and Maelthas was captured, mistaken as a true cultist (whoops). It will be up to some clever RPers, both Alliance and Horde, to figure this out and free Maelthas. The information he's gathered is of critical interest, and the Alliance is currently unaware they have a highly-ranked Blood Knight in custody.

So, with that in mind -- jump in with ideas, plot twists, and what-have-you. Remember: only Cynlan, Seana, and Kiahna know that Maelthas has vanished, nothing more. I'm gonna leave it to Dawsen to figure out how he'd stumble across Maelthas' true identity, and what his people will do once they find out. Let's get to plotting! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Testpancake

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:07 pm

test test!
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Ooooohhh I like the sound of this! Very Happy *goes off to think...*
Back to top Go down
Kiahna

Kiahna

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Hold the phone! I want in on this here ARPEEZ. Here's an odd idea....

Cynlan and Kiahna know Maelthas about his infiltration and then suddenly, no more status reports filter back. Ohnoes! So Kiahna, crazy wife that she is hatches some plan to go find her husband, Cynlan finds out and tries to stop her from doing something rash.

Does he stop her? Can he get her to see reason past her blinding rage at ANYTHING touching her husband? Who knows!

Meanwhile, Dawsen begins to suspect some things about his prisoner. Perhaps these suspicions are proven when he spies a Kiahna, perhaps infiltrating herself with her use of common (and a low level Alliance alt) in to some sort of administrative / servant position within the area Maelthas is being held. Kiahna, the maid seems to be carrying on with a Blood Elf! *Gasp* Oh dear, I could write more, but then might spoil the story!

I do know, I think I want in on this and there should definitely be some cross-faction RP.
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:58 pm

I know I had been playing with the idea of Dia running off to find Maelthas cause he starts worrying about his friends saftey. It was originally going to be the reason Dia disappeared from the game recently. Then I brought it up to Seana and she mentioned the mission he was on so I changed it to Dia vanishing near Ulduar since he had been investigating it up to the raids release. But now it seems, and I now remember correctly, that Dia has no knowledge of Mael's actions sooooo...

And also there had recently been an uprising of Death Knights in Silvermoon causing all kinds of shit that Dia, Sayriha and others had been fighting against in Maelthas' absense, so Dia was doing his part for the city before he left. Well theres that and Dia sees Maelthas literally as family, sort of like a best friend / brother-ish sort since, next to Vajine and of course Kiahna, hes known him the longest of anyone here.

And.. WHATS THIS?! Kiahna RPing again!? 8D YAAAAAY!
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I dig Kiahna's idea a whole lot. Very Happy Cyn would totally try to stop her, citing her patent inability to reign in her emotions when her husband is threatened in any way. Dia, if you're still in the game and not on leave again, Cyn would recommend that Dia leads a small team to find and rescue their missing leader. If Kiahna hasn't seen reason and still insists on going, he'd still want someone else there to keep her in check during the search and rescue. Wink

Originally, I was thinking of having Cyn head the team to search for Mael, but considering all his responsibilities to the Sun's Wrath, the Order, and his growing business (not to mention my OOC responsibilities that keep me out of the game except for a few hours each evening), it wouldn't make sense for him to lead the charge in this instance. And barring Dia's involvement if he's out of the game at the time, we might be able to bring in Seana to do her part.

Also, I'm picturing a small covert team infiltrating Stormwind (or wherever Mael's being held) looking like night elves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Diatethis

Diatethis

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:35 am

Ooooohh I like that. Dia would definitely do both, especially looking after Kia, who he treasures as much as Mael. With the way Dia's gotten a little more on the serious side now Dia wouldn't be remiss on leader a small force dressed as iky night elves to save or fearless leader. And yeah Cyn, having Cynlan up leave wouldn't be a good idea, poor guy's got too much on his plate as is. And I would totally going in to Stormwind for Mael. Making a daring rescue whilst busting up Alliance? Yes please!

Oh and yeah, coming this friday is my 20th birthday so I might be getting some b-day monies to buy a game card or two so I'm hopefully gonna be back fairly soon if not sooner so Dia can be back in the sattle doing his civic duty. Hmm.. I just thought of something. If things get bad for Kiahna, either Dia or Seana could watch over Kia while the other goes looking for Mael. That way all get to have a part in this, and fun will be had by all! Though.. I dunno if trying to keep an raging, emotional fire mage in check will be fun for the poor sap who might have to watch her ICly. XD I can totally see Dia getting blasted into a wall while she tries to make a break for Northrend or whereever Mael is held.

Can't wait to come back.
Back to top Go down
Nikoleta

Nikoleta

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:29 pm

I am not sure I will be able to spend a lot of time with this one but Niko has Cenarion connections. It would be really hard for her to face them, but it could add some good drama. She still 'knows' a little bit of Darnassian from her ordeal with the Night Elf. She may be able to be a negotiator or ambassador or whatev.

Let me know if you want to fit her in somewhere. Like I said, I can try to get involved. Might be good for me to get my mind off of shit anyway.

<3
Back to top Go down
http://linacat.deviantart.com/
Aerybeth

Aerybeth

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Hmmmm. I'd be on board for this, if a use for Aery could be found.

Granted, she would be able to communicate easily...but the means of her doing so would surely draw a spotlight of attention upon herself and any in her company.
Back to top Go down
Shias

Shias

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:49 am

Shias should help infiltrate Stormwind and disguise himself as a human female.

I'm just saying.

...no really, I doubt I'm going to be around much to contribute anything of value, which saddens me a bit--but this sounds like it'll be neat, I'll look forward to keeping up with it at least. Very Happy Maelthas, it's good to see you (almost) back!
Back to top Go down
Dawsen S. Astherion

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Kiahna wrote:
Hold the phone! I want in on this here ARPEEZ. Here's an odd idea....

Cynlan and Kiahna know Maelthas about his infiltration and then suddenly, no more status reports filter back. Ohnoes! So Kiahna, crazy wife that she is hatches some plan to go find her husband, Cynlan finds out and tries to stop her from doing something rash.

Does he stop her? Can he get her to see reason past her blinding rage at ANYTHING touching her husband? Who knows!

Meanwhile, Dawsen begins to suspect some things about his prisoner. Perhaps these suspicions are proven when he spies a Kiahna, perhaps infiltrating herself with her use of common (and a low level Alliance alt) in to some sort of administrative / servant position within the area Maelthas is being held. Kiahna, the maid seems to be carrying on with a Blood Elf! *Gasp* Oh dear, I could write more, but then might spoil the story!

I do know, I think I want in on this and there should definitely be some cross-faction RP.

Very Happy,

Bear in mind that Daws is only a private however, he wouldn't -have- a prisoner, though that could explain why he'd be assigned lowly guard duty.
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 pm

What might be easiest is to have those who realize Maelthas is missing head off to search the area where he was last reported in his guise of the Cult of the Damned emissary. Oh noes, his whole squad's been slaughtered and burned by Alliance scum, along with a bunch of Scourge bodies! Oh, the drama and handwringing that would ensue. But wait! The number of bodies doesn't match up. Hai, Maelthas could still be alive - maybe! Much mad dashing about and more searching is the result. Was he killed by Scourge or Alliance? Was he taken prisoner, and/or unmasked either as a living dood or one of the mighty Horde? Will Kiahna go on a mad mage rampage and burn everything in sight? Tune in next week to our Bat Channel!

Ahem. Sorry, got carried away. Dawsen would likely be the best bet Alliance-side to identify Maelthas, after that whole business of the disguise gone awry Smile Oh snaps, that Cult of the Damned guy is really Horde... what to do? I'll leave this part to Dawsen, along with who he'd like to drag in from Alliance side (likely more of his Retribution of Arathor and other assorted peeps). Hey, might as well include everyone in on the fun, I say. It could spark some very good RP, especially since Maelthas very likely gathered some very valuable intel on the Scourge, and Blood Knights are infamous for taking their secrets to the grave, if torture is employed. Ya wanna take this to yer folks, Dawsen, and see who's game? I can easily set them up an account here, so they can take part in the plotting.

Remember, gang -- none of this is in play yet. We'll kick things off when I have my WoW up and running, so I can keep tabs on the storyline. Maelthas is NOT missing yet, so don't beat out your brains for a plot that's a few weeks away. The goal is to get Maelthas out of custody and back to his people, not tangle the plot and make that an impossible event. We want everyone to win here. Smile

Last edited by Maelthas on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm

I just realized something - I'll need clothing that makes me look like a Cult of the Damned guy. Hrm. Shouldn't be too hard to do with some clever auction house purchases. Cloth is plentiful, and pretty cheap.

Also, I have this vision that if you mouse over Maelthas in game and click on him while he's disguised as a Cult of the Damned emissary, he'll say the following:

"Your bidding, Master."
"Where shall my blood be spilled?"
"Summoning is complete."
"I bow to your will."

I clearly played the original RTS waaaay too much.

Last edited by Maelthas on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Shias wrote:
Shias should help infiltrate Stormwind and disguise himself as a human female.

Wait... you mean he isn't one already? Cool
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Maelthas wrote:
I just realized something - I'll need clothing that makes me look like a Cult of the Damned guy. Hrm. Shouldn't be too hard to do with some clever auction house purchases. Cloth is plentiful, and pretty cheap.

Would the Twilight's Hammer cloth set found off the TH cultists in Silithus work? Those are pretty easy to get, I think. And the set of 3 (cowl, mantle and robe) gives you an EVIL AURA. Bwa-hahahahahaha!

*cough* Anyway, just a suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Cynlan wrote:

Would the Twilight's Hammer cloth set found off the TH cultists in Silithus work? Those are pretty easy to get, I think. And the set of 3 (cowl, mantle and robe) gives you an EVIL AURA. Bwa-hahahahahaha!

*cough* Anyway, just a suggestion. Smile

I thought of that, but unfortunately the Cult of the Damned wears black and dark grey, and they wear hoods with masks. Since I can't wear both at once, I'll need to track down a decent mask. Black, dark red, gray of dark blue will work, if I can find where they can be farmed, or off the auction house Smile The rest will be simple: most of the black stuff comes straight from Shadowfang Keep, which I could farm in my sleep.
Back to top Go down
Seana

Seana

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Maelthas' return...

Want. In. >:3
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:57 am

You could have someone (/poke Kiahna) make you the Frostwoven Power set for you "Ooooh Iz skuury kult mahn!" look. It's very Scourge-looking and would fit great with the cultist theme. And since you're a plate-wearer you could also try and farm Scholomance for the Deathbone set.

And Seana, your avatar is killing me. XD
Back to top Go down
Seana

Seana

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks! I thought it was... Well. Me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maelthas' Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelthas' Return   Maelthas' Return I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maelthas' Return
Page 1 of 1