The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(IC) Beginnings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiahna

Kiahna

(IC) Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: (IC) Beginnings   (IC) Beginnings I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 pm

The swirl of hues and motes of light was almost blinding, as the girl with the sun-kissed hair, the hue of the morning sunrise bent the strains of Arcane magic around her with a smile of pure ecstacy curling her full lips. "Feel the power, harness the power, concentrate it upon your center," the soft voice of her Mother intruded in on sensation.

"Kiahna, stop now, we must talk." Her Mother's voice seemed so tired.

The swirl of beautiful chaos began to dissipate, Kiahna lovingly holding on to the strands before, unwillingly letting them go. "Of course, Mother. Did I do better this time?"

Her Mother waved a hand, nodding, "Yes, yes, my darling girl," moving to sit on a nearby stool with a wistful sigh. "Soon you'll be a Magistrix, another in the line of the Sunfires and serve the Sin'dorei with pride." The older woman's voice had an edge of sadness mixed with hope, an odd combination to Kiahna's ears.

Sitting down beside her mother, she listened once more to the many stories Laelys told of the days before the Scourge came. The times of her Father, the memories burning in her heart of his love, his pride for his only daughter and his deep, burning love for his wife. Baron Kiaron Sunfire, a Magister of great renown, was taken down by the Scourge. As so many other Sin'dorei who gave up their blood, their lives and very souls to these invaders, Kiaron lives on the hearts of the survivors. Even more so in his young daughter's heart does Kiaron live and prosper, fueling the burn of vengence.

"The Sin'dorei will burn with vengence, burn with rage and perhaps one day avenge the death of our brothers and sisters, but what then? No one thinks beyond that. You must, Kiahna." Laelys always spoke of this. To Kiahna it was the most important lesson, the one she listened to over and over in her mind. What will be the reason for the existence of the Sin'dorei after vengence is quenched? What will they build between now and then? Will they even care for more than that sweet vengence? Will they want to break this suffering addiction to the magics?

~~~

My dearest Kiahna,

I am overjoyed to hear that you have found a suitable teacher. To continue your studies is of the utmost importance, and I know you yearn for it as much as I do for you. Take heed of your mentors, and always remember that wisdom will be yours in time.
Lady Sylvannas and Ambassador Windfury have asked me to accompany a small delegation to investigate the Dalaran mages south of Undercity. There have been some reports of some problems with small supply lines there. It should be a rather routine and unenventful trip. I will write you upon my return. Until then, remember that I love you, we will be together soon enough.

By the Sun,
Laelys Sunfire

~~~

It was the last time she'd hear from her Mother. The next week brought another parchment to her hands, delivered by none other than Magister Min'dorra from the Court of the Sun. Amid the flowery and wordy sentences, was the simple words,

....... Magistrix Laelys Sunfire was killed while .......

Blackness. A void. Emptiness. Nothing.

~~~

Oh, there he was. That rather good looking boy she spotted earlier near the Arcanists. Ah yes, she'll sit for a moment and enjoy the view. Such a serious looking face, he has. Are his eyes green, or blue? She'll need to get a bit closer than this to see that. And of course, even closer to answer some of her other burning questions. A soft scream to her right pulled her attention back around to the mana wyrm squirming in pain from the Priest's painful spell. Oh, that's right, she had tasks to do. These are quite boring without any company, or enjoyable conversation.

Sunstrider Isle was busy that day with many preparing for a journey beyond to Silvermoon City. Kiahna returned to Sunstrider Isle at her mother's behest, just before she left for Undercity. "I may have taught you much, but it is best to begin again," Laelys had said to a rolling of eyes from her daughter.

The day continued, as did the lingering glances to that dark haired boy with the ponytail. She could tell he was one who strove to bend the Light to his will, and she could see he had some skill already. His eyes were green, the glow bright and warm. With that question answered, the others would require a closer proximity....

"... yes, I thought you looked familiar. Was it at the Hael'ann's we met briefly? I remember you now, it's been some years.." As is the way with many Sin'dorei families, especially those of Magisters and Blood Knights, the same circles swirl and intersect. So it was that these two knew of each other, but have finally had a chance for a formal introduction.

~~~

"I am Maelthas Bloodhawk, Blood Knight. This is Magistrix Kiahna Sunfire." It has been some time since that day on Sunstrider Isle, and these two have been nigh inseperable. The bond between them growing every task set to them, every minute they spend together and every word spoken. For Kiahna, she was overwhelmed with emotion for this man, this Blood Knight that actually cared whether she lived or died. Since her Mother's passing, there has been no other that had a thought or care whether Kiahna continued. If another could truly soothe the pain of loss and emptiness, Maelthas did. Perhaps not even knowing he has. These two spent much time learning from their mentors, completing tasks given by their superiors and soon began to show talents in their own way. Kiahna learned much more about the man she travelled with. Aside from his anger and wounded pride at having nothing left of his family, name and holdings, she found him witty, caring and fiercely protective. Especially of her. Not to mention, he was a very good looking Sin'dorei, even more so than others she has seen.

The time spent together was of their own choosing, as if addicted to each other's company as they were to magics. Kiahna had found she longed to speak words of her heart to him, but still hid behind her pain, her fear of losing him. Since her family was gone, there was no one but herself. She had learned to hide behind her wit, her magics and her ability to keep everyone out was honed greatly. With Maelthas, it was much different. She wanted him behind her walls, she wanted him close to her heart, she wanted to hold to him as she once did to her family. Maelthas had become her family, a reason to exist beyond blind vengeance for her parents.

As the bustle of the Royal Exchange whirled around them, these two stood under the shade of a tree near the auction house. The echo of the buyers and sellers seemed to drown out under the soft words Maelthas spoke to her that day. "I love you, Kiahna Sunfire...." Oh there was more, more pretty words of how his heart felt, of how she burned with love for him as well. It was those three words that were enough for Kiahna, for she knew the import of them from this man. From that day forward, the bond between them has become utterly unbreakable. Through danger, through treachery by others, through their own emotions and trials, that tie between them is as if wrought from a blacksmith's forge.

Unbreakable.

~~~
And so, new trials have begun for this young couple, trials they shall face together and apart, but never without the love, support and companionship of each other. Kiahna has found her reason to exist beyond vengeance, she knew her Mother would approve. That reason was her family, chief among them, Maelthas Bloodhawk, the man she truly loved like no other in this world.
Back to top Go down

(IC) Beginnings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sun's Wrath :: Creative Nook :: WoW Stories-
Jump to: