The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clad in Red and Black

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seana

Seana

Clad in Red and Black Empty
PostSubject: Clad in Red and Black   Clad in Red and Black I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 am

Red and black have been the chosen colors for the Knighthood.

Endless interpretation has been made of them and the symbolism they hold, along with the mark of the pheonix.

To Seana, the black symbolizes the darkness that the Knights accepted into themselves, the burden to villianize themselves to protect their people through whatever means necessary. The red symbolizes the blood of those fallen and the blood spilled while on this path.

She's also considered that the red represents vengence, while the black represents mourning for her people.

What do these colors mean to you, and your characters?

Just a curiousity that sparked. It's always been important to Seana. I'm sure it's important to others, as well!

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: Clad in Red and Black   Clad in Red and Black I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh boy... You asked for it. Very Happy

Since I've taken the approach of applying real-world knightly views (with some liberties) to the Blood Knight Order by way of my Chivalry write-up, it's probably no surprise that Cynlan's (and my) view of their heraldic colors is based in actual knightly heraldry.

The black field of their tabard represents mortality and, if one is particularly morose, death. It's no surprise that this is their heraldic field - consider their oft-times grim duties when it comes to ending threats to the Sin'dorei, or their relatively short lifespans in comparison to their longer-lived night elf cousins, or their even shorter lifespans in comparison to other blood elves who are not required by dint of their profession to place themselves on the front lines of the battlefield. Add in their Light-born powers to heal and even bring those who have fallen on the field of battle back to life, and the decision to shroud themselves in the color of mortality is a natural one.

The red tincture of their phoenix and tabard border is a no-brainer: This represents blood and war. Gee, what are BLOOD elves in the BLOOD Knight Order doing wearing red? As anyone will tell you, these aren't the tree-hugging hippies of the night elves. These are a people who wear the symbolic colors of the blood that colors the earth - the elves who were slaughtered by Arthas, the enemies who dare to stand against them, and their brethren who sacrifice all in the line of duty. They also make no bones about their job. They are at war, and anyone who thinks differently needs to have their head examined. You want to preach peace? Go join the magisters or the priesthood. But if you're in the Blood Knight Order, you're going to be wearing that tincture on your chest... and on your hands.

At least, that's my view of it. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Seana

Seana

PostSubject: Re: Clad in Red and Black   Clad in Red and Black I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:01 am

Kinda similar to my own interpretation. It just sounds a lot better coming from you.

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: Clad in Red and Black   Clad in Red and Black I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:56 am

I dunno about better, but definitely very wordy. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clad in Red and Black   Clad in Red and Black I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clad in Red and Black
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sun's Wrath :: Public Forums :: OOC Chat-
Jump to: