The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's a Cataclysm!

Go down 
+3
Maelthas
Ionie
Cynlan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:20 pm

That's right, folks, it's official:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Ionie

Ionie

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:41 pm

I watched and listened to main trailer and snickered over continuous cliches. Once I saw the changes though, I got excited! I love the graphics! The basic environmental details are pretty much the same, but I like how they are enhanced by animated flowers and other pretty thingies. I especially loved this effect as it was shown on the island. Love eye candy!

The goblin area of Lost Isles, overall, leaves me unimpressed and so does this new race. They look way to cartoony for me to even consider having a serious story. They're goblins. *makes snob face* No thanks to these guys.

Gilneas looks like your typical Azerothian human neighborhood that went bad. Very, very bad and with twisted Tudor housing on the plain which somehow transforms to something clearly Moorish as you ascend up that hill. It's a bit of an artistic leap, I think, to have those two architectural styles both within sight and within the same zone. Still, I like the Halloweeny creepiness for sure!

The scene with the brave new Worgen decked out in their dresses and assembled before the Night Elf sentinels made me laugh out loud. While on Moon Guard earlier today (Erp capitol of...well, the world, I think) I heard many many people say in general chat this race was going to attract all the bad RP'ers and pervs. Maybe. Could I RP one? Possibly, but I would have to stop laughing first and I don't see that happening for awhile.

Do they go to the dog groomer instead of the barber? i can haz poodle-doo?

I dunno.

I am excited about the dungeons, for sure. The new conflicts. Environmental politics! Yes, I'll have some of that and a bouquet of those cool-looking flowers. I am wondering what the archeology is all about. Any new profession sounds fun though and anything has to be more exciting than inscription.

I wonder when it will come out?
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm

My friends attending Blizzcon are CRAZY excited over this announcement right now. Texts have been flying back and forth like mad. I'm liking what I've seen on the splash page, though I feel sorry for the Alliance. Now they get stuck with the furries, ahahahaha!

Note to self: make a Goblin ASAP. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Ionie

Ionie

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:45 pm

But...they're so damn goofy looking!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 pm

You forget the cool dance they can do. Remember the goblin costume ya got from random wands during halloween? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Ionie

Ionie

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm

They leer. They're creepy!
Back to top Go down
Shias

Shias

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm excited about the goblins and excited that it's likely blood elves will lose the stigma of being the 'worst RPers'. Razz They'll all go be worgen. HA!

I can't wait to level my characters through the updated old world. It looks like Ashenvale is going to get owned; my night elf (that I don't RP with you guys, but STILL) is gonna be so saaad. The possibilities for RP and exploration are going to get pretty extensive. Smile

Also, guys, I'm sorry. I've failed you. At Blizzcon, I was about ten feet away from Richard Knaak at one point and I didn't kill him. Sad
Back to top Go down
Yunjin

Yunjin

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Teh Deathwing is Effin' amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/velmorse
Diatethis

Diatethis

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:58 pm

And the main villian is none other the narliest, most evil dragon of all time. Cyn you picked a bad time to leave bro XD
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 am

Diatethis wrote:
And the main villian is none other the narliest, most evil dragon of all time. Cyn you picked a bad time to leave bro XD

I know! Another friggin' aspect needs slaying, and it happens to be the biggest and baddest of the black flight. Cyn would so want in on that.

My opinions on Cataclysm? I like that they're changing the world up to make it more dynamic. One of the things I hated most about levelling a new character is that you're doing the same damn quests over and over again in every zone. It makes things too predictable and, to my mind, incredibly dull, so I'm glad there'll be massive changes to familiar zones and all new quests to do while levelling the new races.

Kinda excited about the new class options for the races, but I have to admit, night elf mages are lore-breaking in my eyes. I can see all the other race/class combos as viable, but that one just rubs me the wrong way. They'd better have a damn good explanation behind why the night elves as a whole are allowing arcane magic back into their culture.

The new races! Goblins were a no-brainer, really, but worgen took me by surprise. I mean, really, werewolves? I guess it could be worse. But goblins!Oh, I'd definitely roll one... and have him specialize in gnomish engineering, just to be contrary. But I had my own ideas on how to implement goblins into the game, and how to play up their independent angle when it came to the factions, so I might not fully enjoy what Bliz does with making them officially a Horde race. I dunno, we'll see.

The fact that the cap is only being raised by 5 levels is curious, but it fits with the fact that we're not getting a ton of new zones like in WotLK and BC. I think they could have done the same thing with the previous expansions, actually, and not have to worry about getting everyone so close to the 100 lvl mark that we're now closing in on. We'll see what happens there.

Flying mounts in Azeroth! Heroic versions of old instances! Archaeology as a new secondary profession! All good stuff in my eyes!

I'm just curious to see how phasing will work when a high-level character tries to enter one of the new races' starting area. Will we see the same thing as a lvl 1 goblin, or will we see the end result of the zone?
Back to top Go down
Kiahna

Kiahna

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm

I'll be the odd one out and say I am thoroughly looking forward to Worgen. I will b e making one and RPing one on Wyrmrest Accord. Yes, we'll have the Twilight RPers, hell, even the World of Darkness revisionists, but I believe the phasing beginning quests will help in building your character's storyline.

I admit to fully seeing this as my Fianna fix once more.
Back to top Go down
Ionie

Ionie

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 am

Quote :
I have to admit, night elf mages are lore-breaking in my eyes. I can see all the other race/class combos as viable, but that one just rubs me the wrong way. They'd better have a damn good explanation behind why the night elves as a whole are allowing arcane magic back into their culture.
Yes, and I wonder what inspired this and in what other ways their culture and politics will change.

I am definitely looking forward to the new dungeons and just this new layer to the game. So much happening in the old world. As far as which of the new races I might like to try - I'll decide that when the spirit moves me. I do look forward to seeing the new changes though.
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:52 am

Kiahna wrote:
I'll be the odd one out and say I am thoroughly looking forward to Worgen. I will b e making one and RPing one on Wyrmrest Accord. Yes, we'll have the Twilight RPers, hell, even the World of Darkness revisionists, but I believe the phasing beginning quests will help in building your character's storyline.

I admit to fully seeing this as my Fianna fix once more.

Oh, I fully agree that the worgen look incredible and I too will definitely roll one. It'll definitely be interesting to see how worgen role-play is done. And you better believe that I'm going to try my hand at it. Very Happy

And Cyn? The way I see it is that all night elf mages are, at least to me, highbourne and not just modern night elves taught to use pure magic. Just my take on the idea.
Back to top Go down
Yunjin

Yunjin

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Worgen Roleplay:

Gilneas has been Isolated by its own accord for the better part of a decade (Correct me if I'm wrong.). All the sudden the wall cracks and Forsaken show up and start killing people. Then the Nightelves show up. The only stories you have ever heard of the nightelves, if any, have been of the reckless highbourne whose magics led to you being cursed in this way. Thus leads you to your current situation. You do not fully trust the nightelves but theForsaken are undead and the plague was the who reason you isolated yourselves.

I have a name saved on Sentinels and a Draenei Hunter aquiring supplies and money for my Worgen. I'm sure i could share some supplies too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/velmorse
Cynlan

Cynlan

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Diatethis wrote:
And Cyn? The way I see it is that all night elf mages are, at least to me, highbourne and not just modern night elves taught to use pure magic. Just my take on the idea.

That'd be one way to look at it, and if I was making a new night elf mage character, that's how I'd play it. I have a bad feeling about this, tho...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's a Cataclysm! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a Cataclysm!   It's a Cataclysm! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a Cataclysm!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sun's Wrath :: Public Forums :: OOC Chat-
Jump to: