The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ionie

Ionie

Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:26 am

Last edited by Ionie on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:22 am

Very nice! It's always fun for me to see Cyn's name in someone else's story. It's like having a cameo, only with little to no effort on my part. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Ionie

Ionie

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 am

Cynlan wrote:
Very nice! It's always fun for me to see Cyn's name in someone else's story. It's like having a cameo, only with little to no effort on my part. Very Happy
Cynlan, hai! Thank you, and yes, I cast a Cynlan look-alike for your cameo here. He worked for peanuts, but he wasn't quite the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ionie

Ionie

PostSubject: Part 2   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Last edited by Ionie on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 pm

You sure know how to paint a picture with words, Ionie. Very nice writing!
Back to top Go down
Ionie

Ionie

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Cynlan wrote:
You sure know how to paint a picture with words, Ionie. Very nice writing!
Cyn, thanks so much. /humbled This story is actually the first time I've written in first person. I absolutely loved doing it and I think it will be my voice from now on. sunny

On another note, this story has not had 70+ actual reads. I kept finding little edits and for every one, it logged a page view. >.>
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:45 pm

There's definitely benefits to writing in first person, especially when it comes to writing a narrative that follows one protagonist instead of several. The YA series I'm currently working on started off as a first person narrative, but there were so many other characters fighting for "screen time" that I'm switching to third person so I can follow different parts of the story with different characters.

Also, you totally could have played it off as your story being so popular, but you had to go and be honest about it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Very, very nice. MOAR STOIEZ PLZ
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Real comments, since I have -some- time today!

I love the visions. It's a twist I don't see many writers employ in WoW stories, or if they do they make it some kind of 'HAI I R SOOPERNATZURAL CREETUR LOLOLOL' scenarios. I'm a fan of ordinary folks sometimes having extradordinary abilities that -aren't- overpowered, and -don't- have explanations for why those abilities exist. A bit of mystery in stories is exactly what I love to see, 'cus they hook in imaginative readers.

I also like the crush on Cynlan. Smile Good grief, man, you leave a trail of stricken females in your wake! That makes 2 PCs that I know of now that pine for you in silence Razz

Most of all, I love the writing style. You've got a good eye for detail, and I love your character's views of the world. MOAR PLZ!!
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)   Facing the Wind  - Parts 1 and 2 (IC) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facing the Wind - Parts 1 and 2 (IC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sun's Wrath :: Creative Nook :: WoW Stories-
Jump to: