The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paladin Teir 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diatethis

Diatethis

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:15 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=74547.0

So here it is at last, fellow paladins! Discuss.

Personally I like it. Not crazy about it but it works. Though personally I would have liked it a lot more if it were more "blood knight-y" I.E. Black and Red coloration with certain designs along the armor like the variations on the Alliance plate sets.

EDIT: Horde pally on Blood Elf Male: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img21/8910/pallyt9.png
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:13 am

If they got rid of a lot of the green, it'd look pretty sweet. But the overabundance of fel green in the armor seems like a step back from where they wanted Blood Knights to go. Put some more black and red in there, and that'd work a whole hell of a lot better for me.

Then again, this seems to be the coloration of the Sunreavers faction, so that might have something to do with it.

Either way, not what I was hoping for, but not as bad as it could have been. I'll still be using my PvP armor for RP. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Diatethis

Diatethis

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:03 am

Now that I look back on it, it's kind of grown on me. I also realize now that that would have been KILLER as a blood elf warrior set. Also, now that I think about it, something about that set reminds me of Spellbreakers.
Back to top Go down
Seana

Seana

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Heeeellooooo warlock t1.
Back to top Go down
Aerybeth

Aerybeth

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 pm

I have a few gripes and compliments for this armor set.

BAD
1. Sunwell Plateua / Silvermoon Guardian colorscheme much?
2. The Helm and Shoulders are ass. Quoting for truth on earlier post stating it looks like warrior armor.
3. Blood Knights use Black and Red. This is Blood Knight armor only, seeing as there are no other races capable of wearing it. WTF, Blizz? WTB [Consistency]
4. Matching Boots; look into them. (I'm talking to YOU, Devs.)

GOOD
1. The Silvermoon Guardian's outfits look awesome. Should have leaned more in this direction than Earthfury and PVP gear for Helm and Shoulders. Maybe even make it a Kilt outfit.
2. Going with the Sunwell coloration, some modified model from Sunwell would have gone well with it. The shoulders used now seem tacked on.
3. The color scheme does flow well, even with the predominance of fel green. (To comment on an earlier color scheme idea; the Sunreaver's colors, if the Mount is to be believed, are Black, gold and green.)
4. With actual matching set boots and a tweaking to the shoulder and helm model, this could easily become as iconic as Judgement.

Honestly, the set could have been worse, aesthetically, but that would have taken effort.

In line with the increasing trend of laziness, though, it seems the Devs couldn't put in the effort to make this set REALLY suck.

I'm wondering how many more months of subscription I will pay for before the proceeds from such finally crush the unimaginative peabrains in the Dev dept under the mass of their own greasy Dorito-fueled fat rolls.

I am underwhelmed, and even a touch disgusted with this development.

Oh well. At least Aery got into full Judgement Tier 2 last night. ^_^ (Well, all the important visual parts. Still missing belt, bracers and boots.)

That brings it up to three RP Armor sets for her; her Alliance Plate in Silver and Blue (retired to bank due to storyline), her Blood Knight armor, and the Judgement, which I am thinking will date from her time in the Silver Hand, but I'm looking for occasions she would pull it out now.

In short, T9 and 10 could look like a turd dipped in chocolate for all I care; at least the old content still provides exciting battles with Rewards that I feel good actually letting others see me wearing.
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, the full T9 list! With new and (in my opinion) improved Paladin set!

Behold!

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/july/tier9_horde_10116.jpg
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Now THAT'S more like it! I'd use that for teh RPz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Seana

Seana

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 am

Worlds better.
Back to top Go down
Aerybeth

Aerybeth

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 am

Yes!

I am so happy that they listened to us! I've started a thread on the suggestions forum for positive feedback! Please let Blizz know that we are happy over this! http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18358915003&sid=1

Aery went out and got really drunk to celebrate; and may have come up wtih a tradition of her own to match the silliness of Maelthas' shirtless Kilted runs.

Behold; a trick she learned in Ironforge: Hands-Free Beer Can Crush. Cuz; how else can you stand out while drunk and surrounded by women who can bend steel bars with their thighs?

Paladin Teir 9 ALUMINUM_JUDGEMENT__8D_by_wolfiesam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paladin Teir 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin Teir 9   Paladin Teir 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paladin Teir 9
Page 1 of 1