The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Icecrown Counterstrike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

Icecrown Counterstrike Empty
PostSubject: Icecrown Counterstrike   Icecrown Counterstrike I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:48 am

DISPATCH 06.21.01
FROM CHAMPION CD, TO KNIGHT-LORD MB – EYES ONLY
RE: COUNTERSTRIKE OPS

On the evening of 6/21, while meeting with fellow Sun’s Wrath officers Diatethis Blazewing and Sindrael Dawnstrider in Icecrown on the upper deck of the Horde airship Orgrim’s Hammer, I spotted a most unwelcome visitor. A female human paladin of the Alliance was balanced precariously on one of the portside outer protrusions of the ship. She appeared to be observing the defenses of the vessel, an observation cut short when one of the Kor’kron Reavers spotted her and ventured out onto the protrusion to engage the intruder. The paladin appeared to be using a maneuver known as Holy Shield to deflect his attacks skillfully while dealing moderate damage to the orc. I opted to let the Reaver handle the fight on his own while still acting in a supplementary capacity by using the Light to heal the paladin’s Light-borne shield damage. This changed, however, when the human drew her weapon and actively attacked the orc. Diatethis and I charged out onto the protrusion, at great risk to ourselves and the Reaver, and engaged the human directly while Sindrael positioned herself to attack from the main deck. After a pitched battle, we managed to knock her off of the ship, though she survived – no doubt due to her ability with the Light – and flew away with due haste.

Refusing to let this brazen attack on a ship of the Horde go unanswered, the three of us engaged in a counterattack on the Alliance helicarrier, reportedly known as The Skybreaker. We flew across to the Alliance vessel and landed on the main foredeck and proceeded to test the Alliance airship’s defenses from fore to aft. We can confirm that the Alliance vessel contains a large number of marines, in addition to the standard compliment of deckhands, engineers and cannoneers required to operate such a massive airship. There is also a human death knight onboard, accompanied by a ghoul lackey, but most notable is the sheer number of high elven traitors stationed aboard the vessel. Their numbers were thinned dramatically.

Resistance on the upper deck was stronger than in the lower deck – odd, considering the deck below houses their armory and “war room,” a section stocked with countless scrolls and books containing what we believe to be maps, tactics, field reports and orders from King Varian Wrynn himself. Sindrael collected as many of them as she could while Diatethis guarded our location, and our top intelligence operatives are combing through them at present to glean what data we can from them. What concerned me most, however, is an item found in the lowest deck of the airship. The largest bomb I’ve ever laid eyes on is being held within the bowels of the Alliance helicarrier, easily the size of our largest siege engines, if not larger. It concerns me greatly that the Alliance has such a devastating weapon hovering over our active war zone, ready to drop an explosive 20 times larger than anything Dawnstrider Engineering could possibly construct. Assuming that it contains materials comparable to those I’ve installed in Sun’s Wrath “kill switches,” a weapon of that magnitude could easily spread a mile-wide radius of complete destruction within Icecrown with the explosion’s shockwave potentially causing severe damage up to a 4 mile radius, depending on wind speed and direction.

At this discovery, I planted a small explosive device in their lower decks to serve as a distraction to our escape, made possible by Sindrael.

While I doubt my explosive did much to severely damage the airship, the acquisition of so much Alliance intelligence will no doubt set their plans back while giving us insight into Wrynn’s plans for the vessel in Icecrown. More on this as it develops.
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/

Icecrown Counterstrike
Page 1 of 1