The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Meantime...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 am

While the plot to find and liberate the Sun's Wrath commander is still brewing, what can we get going in the meantime to stir up interest in our little RP battalion? There hasn't been any real developments of late, and I for one would like to see the Sun's Wrath gain a little more notice to give the upcoming Free Maelthas storyline a little more weight to it.

So, any ideas? A PvP event stretching from Grizzly Hills to Icecrown, with a stop at Wintergrasp in-between? A joust-a-thon "training session" for the battalion at the Argent Tournament? RP missions of a different flavor? What can we stir up now while we wait for the upcoming rescue mission?
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Cynlan

Cynlan

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:33 am

Looks like we'll have a chance to kick-start some Sun's Wrath RP Sunday night. I'll make an official post after I've had some sleep, but this should be a good one. Dailies and RP, all in one!
Back to top Go down
Diatethis

Diatethis

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 pm

If it's night time that would be great. Tomorrow I'm going to my father's grave so I'm gonna need the excitement when I get back.. >_<

God damn it I hate going there...
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm so glad to see that we have an event going. Smile I did not expect to be away from the game for this long, and I'm very, very happy to see that the RP project we all launched together is still going strong. Have fun at this thing, gang, and take some screens for me -- write some stories, too!
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Cynlan

Cynlan

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Our first event is up on the site - Operation: Snowfall kicks off tonight! Depending on how this goes, I may make this a weekly event, or we could come up with something completely different. Feedback is welcome!
Back to top Go down
Maelthas
Admin
Maelthas

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm

I have a few suggestions for ways to get the Battalion's name out there and active. Cynlan's already done a read job with his first project, Operation Snowfall-- don't lt him beat us! :>

1) A weekly or bi-weekly event at the Tournament grounds. I understand there's a PVP version either already in game or coming up in the next patch: this would also be a good opportunity for cross-faction RP. These could also take place via just regular old-school, PVP.

2) Duty Station Aid: one of the goals of Sun's Wrath Battalion is to aid and protect members of the Horde. Keep a look-out for lower level players, and give them IC/OOC help with questing or donate items that can help them out. This can be done whenever you're out and about in the game world, but we could also schedule this as a semi-regular event in various zones, to get our name out there. Give people you run into IC the names of people in the battalion who can craft stuff for them.. remember how just a couple potions or gems were big helps while you were levelling up. Smile

3) Recruitment Drive: the battalion always needs new blood. Get out there talking battle talk with the veterans, nab likely RPers for this thing when you see them. We're not a guild, and really don't care about guilds (well, unless it's an assassin's guild or something evil-like), so anyone who's interested can come RP with us. I'd like to see semi-regular events for this, for obvious reasons. We don't accept Forsaken or warlocks in the guild for obvious IC reasons, but there's no reason we can't have Forsaken working with us as associates outside the chain of command, or as indepedent suppliers.

4) Where the hell's that damn widget? I'd like to see some story-arcs in place that involve day-to-day operations for the battalion: not everything is solved via combat, ya know. Some of the best RP I've seen involves tracking down objects, people and places. Go wild, and use your imagination. A great tool for random street RP, btw, -especially- with all the merchant PC types all over the server.
Back to top Go down
https://sunswrath.forumakers.com
Seana

Seana

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:49 am

What's really fun, I've always thought, and intense would be actually roleplaying instances. Just -think- about it. Roleplaying -inside- Naxx! Gives me shivers.

I also think alot of roleplay oppertunity could open up once we get our ranks and responsibilities straightened out.

I also have another suggestion concerning this, -and- the movie you guys are planning to make! Why not actually roleplay out the plot of the story? It sure would make things easier for whoever was writing out the script, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Cynlan

Cynlan

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Operation: Snowfall went better than I could have hoped. We got a lot of people involved - Dia, Seana, Kiahna, Aery, even Velliria and Lyndiri! We beat the crap out of every Scourge that got in our way and plowed through the region as if we owned the place. Mad props for all the awesome RP that happened at each gate, and the briefing and debriefing bookends to the whole thing. When things stop being crazy for my in RL, I'll organize another event for us.

Speaking of which, I'm digging the event ideas in here! I'd love to RP through instances and raids, rather than the usual filler banter that happens in there. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love to talk smack to Uther in CoS!) I also dig getting something going in the Argent Tournament area, especially with the upcoming patch opening up the new 5-25 man instances there. It'd be a great place to keep the Sun's Wrath fighting skills up while remaining close to the combat zone.

I'll also echo Seana's sentiment in that a lot more detailed RP will open up once people finally nail down their titles and responsibilities in the battalion. (And that means you, too, Seana!) Then we can really talk shop among ourselves and with others.

Good stuff, here! Does anyone favor a particular idea for the next event?
Back to top Go down
Seana

Seana

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 pm

OI! I want to talk to Maelthizzle before I post what I am!

Which means I have to actually catch him online eventually. Which I failed to do last friday. /sobs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the Meantime... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Meantime...   In the Meantime... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Meantime...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sun's Wrath :: Public Forums :: Roleplay Events (OOC)-
Jump to: