The Sun's Wrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun's Wrath

A Bloodknight RP group for Sentinels Server (World of Warcraft)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cynlan

Cynlan

Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor Empty
PostSubject: Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor   Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:46 am

Champion Cynlan Dawnstrider frowned thoughtfully as he rode through the streets of Silvermoon City. The place had changed since the Sun’s Wrath battalion first launched their war against the Lich King and his army, taking a great many of the more capable Blood Knights and magisters with them. While their experience and expertise was invaluable in bringing the fight closer to Arthas, he had never considered what consequences that might have for the city that gave them their start.

If reports were to be believed from those who remained behind – and Cynlan had no reason to doubt their authenticity – then Silvermoon City had suffered greatly from the lack of knights to watch over her. Not all of the troubles started with the Sun’s Wrath and its recruitment, however. The ranks of the Blood Knight Order had been thinned greatly, first with the betrayal of Kael’thas and then again with the Zombie Plague that drew new attention to Northrend and its undead minions. With so few protectors to maintain order, lawlessness and unrest were more prevalent than ever before. If nothing was done to intervene before long…

But I did intervene, Cynlan reminded himself. And in so doing, I discovered the largest bone of contention in Silvermoon City and the greatest, if not only, threat to the safety of its people these days – the death knights.

Death Knights. The Lich King’s most fearsome warriors, they were the antithesis of all that the Blood Knight Order stood for. Where the Order sought to protect life, the death knights crusaded to take it away. Where the Blood Knights fought with honor and integrity, the death knights were as underhanded as they come. Indeed, Cynlan very much doubted that these undead monstrosities truly knew what it meant to be a knight.

They weren’t all creatures of untold evil, though. A small faction of them called, ironically enough, the Knights of the Ebon Blade had broken free from Arthas’ control, like the Forsaken had before them. And like the Forsaken, they had pledged themselves to the Horde, to offer their unique talents in ridding the world of the Lich King who had used them like puppets. The Blood Knight Champion had doubted their sincerity upon meeting several “repentant” death knights, but his opinion of them started to change the night he ran into Melisondra….

Still, there were those who considered all death knights evil, and those death knights who did little to honor their oath of loyalty to the Horde. Both required attention from the Order, but speaking to knights individually on the subject would take far too much time. Better, then, to tend to the matter all at once, and it was about time the Order gathered to take stock of recent events.

As he rode up to the Blood Knight headquarters, he dismounted from his steed and marched into the structure with a purpose. The guardians bowed to him as he passed, the Champion’s heavy booted steps echoing in the massive entry chamber. Now where is…? Ah, there.

Cynlan strode up to Master Loradan purposefully, returning the salute given before pulling a folded piece of parchment from his belt. “Good morning, Champion,” the blond-haired knight offered. “What can I do for you today?”

“You can prepare this dispatch at once,” Cynlan stated, presenting the letter of summons to be sent throughout the Order. “As warning of a danger to our people and the Order at large, it needs to be in the hands of every Blood Knight by night’s end.”

“It will be done,” Loradan replied with widened eyes, and saluted crisply before dashing off to set to the task.

Champion Dawnstrider watched him depart with a thoughtful frown. And once again, the call goes out…

-----

Esteemed members of the Blood Knight Order,

Silvermoon City – indeed, the sin’dorei nation as a whole – is in need of our aid once again.

Word has no doubt spread to you all of Thrall’s decree to accept the renegade death knights known as the Knights of the Ebon Blade into the Horde. Since that time, many of the fallen sin’dorei who were brought into their ranks have taken up residence in Silvermoon City. Some have adjusted as well as could be expected to this turn of events. Others have not. Regardless, their mere presence, let alone their actions, has created a great deal of unrest in our majestic city. A dangerous tension has grown deep within its walls, and while the death knights are not the only source of this unease, they are certainly a large and undeniable part of it.

As protectors of the sin’dorei nation, it is our duty to give aid to our people in their time of need, and we are greatly needed right now.

I, Cynlan Dawnstrider, Champion of the Blood Knight Order, do hereby issue this summons as a representative of our Order’s leadership to each and every Blood Knight in good standing. Let us gather once again as we did when we united against Kael’thas and dedicated ourselves instead to the service of all sin’dorei. Let us gather in the face of another power that threatens to divide our people. Let us gather and forge the path that will unite our city.

Justice for our people.

Champion Cynlan Dawnstrider
Blood Knight Order
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/
Cynlan

Cynlan

Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor   Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:47 am

“So, how did it go?”

“It went as well as could be expected,” Champion Cynlan Dawnstrider shrugged in answer, raising his voice to be heard over the rushing wind around him. “I was concerned about attendance issues, but nearly all of the established Blood Knights that I wanted to be there showed up. I had hoped we’d see more of the newer members there, however. The fact that there were so few below the rank of full Knight of the Order doesn’t bode well for the future of the Blood Knights if we keep losing more to this damn war in Northrend.”

“And you addressed the problem that plagues your people to your satisfaction?”

Cynlan nodded to his companion, adjusting his grip on the reins. “Yes, the renegade death knights and their impact on Silvermoon City were discussed at length. I think my points were made clear to the majority, but some cling so strongly to what they know of the death knights as enemies that they’re unable to see their potential as allies. And then, of course, there’s the matter of those who wish to be part of the problem, not the solution.”

Xadormi spared a glance behind her at the Blood Knight, her voice a resonant purr in the freezing winds. “Problematic Blood Knights?”

“Well, I was speaking more of death knights who refuse to follow Silvermoon’s laws and want to use their newfound powers for their own gain at the cost of others, but yes, there were some problematic Blood Knights as well. One was simply a clown, the other was just prejudiced. Neither made my job any easier.” Cynlan sighed as he considered the conversation he’d have to make with Izaden again, then shook his head to scan the horizon as he continued, “Still, I believe progress was made on the whole in how to deal with the death knights.”

“And that is?”

“Bank left here,” he instructed, and the two continued their discussion as they smoothly glided toward their destination. “The death knights who break the laws will be dealt with by a local regiment under the command of the Blood Knight Order, its ranks filled by those outside of the Order who wish to protect the city they love and cherish. It’ll be similar to the Sun’s Wrath, near as I can tell, only less of an offensive battalion and more of a peacekeeping force. It’s being called the 1st Dawn.”

Xadormi bobbed her head once in a nod, then asked, “And what of your niece and those like her?”

Cynlan considered Melisondra and the other death knights he had met that were once part of the Blood Knight Order until they were slain in battle and raised under the Lich King’s considerable necromantic power. “Those of the death knights who were once Knights of the Order and wish to continue in undeath as they had in life are encouraged to be able to do so.” Cynlan noted the glance from Xadormi and raised his hand to forestall the inevitable question. “Not as full members of the Blood Knight Order, of course. Their condition would make being brought fully back into the fold impossible, and we’ve never given admittance to the Order to anyone who did not meet our demanding requirements. Still, they have a desire to see justice done that cannot be denied. If they want to work with us as an associated peacekeeping body, I see no reason to deny them that.”

“Knights of the Crimson Blade, instead of the Ebon organization?”

Cynlan considered the play on words and nodded in satisfaction. “Something like that, yes. All in all, I think it will be good for the Order and for the people of Silvermoon City to know that, even in death, their defenders will keep on fighting our enemies with dignity and honor.”

Xadormi dipped her head in a nod, then turned her attention to the ground below them. “We’re here.”

“Take us down,” Cynlan commanded, the action carried out before his words were fully spoken, as though anticipated. Xadormi brought them into a sharp dive, flaring her wings at the last possible moment to execute a perfect landing. The bronze drake folded her wings back and lowered her body to the ground, allowing her blood elven companion to dismount at the edge of his battalion’s Icecrown encampment.

“Thank you, Xadormi. When I’m done here…”

“…I’ll know,” the drake replied with a touch of humor. “Be careful, Dawnstrider. It is not yet your time to fulfill your destiny.” The bronze dragon took to the air, shimmered, and vanished into whatever part of the timeline required her attention.

Cynlan chuckled lightly, addressing the place Xadormi had occupied just a moment ago. “I’ll see you soon.” He turned at his parting words and marched toward the battle raging at the foot of Icecrown Citadel.
Back to top Go down
http://rblemoyne.blogspot.com/

Blood Knight Event: Death Before Dishonor
Page 1 of 1